This is our Sage+Sisters signature smoothie, and Christy’s everyday breakfast. It is SERIOUSLY THE BEST. If you want all the feel-good, menopause-supportive nutrients, and a happy, tasty, fruity breakfast, this is for you. Oh, but one side effect warning: You will feel like superwoman. So brace yourself for a very productive and good day!
The Superwoman Smoothie includes anti-inflammatory goodies, antioxidants, omega-3s, ingredients to prevent hot flashes, and others to reduce the impacts of stress and increase happy hormones. It’s also a great place to add other adaptogens or things you take daily (for example: collagen powder.)
Since we love meal prep at Sage+Sisters, we have a few ideas for you to make this easier. Keep your maca, flaxseed, and hemp in jars together in the fridge so you can grab ‘em all at once. Try buying fresh ginger and turmeric. Wash and air dry them. Then chop them into smaller chunks and freeze them. This way you can grab these pre-cut, anti-inflammatory wonders along with your fruit, and throw them into the blender together.
We love Thrive Market for our almond and coconut milk and other pantry essentials. At Thrive, you can become a member and then get great deals and boxes of organic goodness delivered right to your door. When you can have 6 boxes of almond milk shipped straight to you, you’ll never have to run out at the last minute to re-stock your favorite menopause nutrient treats.
In our Sage+Sisters Sage Menopause Strategies course, you can learn about each and every one of the ingredients in this smoothie and how they can help you in perimenopause and menopause. You can ease your transition into menopause with nutrition, and we are here to show you how.
Take a peek at other healthy menopause-friendly breakfast options here!
- 1/2-1 frozen banana
- 1 packet frozen acai packet
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. organic peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. hemp hearts
- 2-4 Tbsp. freshly-ground flax (or whole flaxseeds, which should grind easily in a high-powered blender)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh turmeric grated
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp. maca powder
- 1/2-1 tsp shatavari powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chasteberry (Vitex) powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond, oat, or coconut milk (or 1/2 cup canned coconut milk and 1 cup water)
- freshly ground pepper to taste (to improve the absorption of the turmeric and give it a zing)
Beautiful Toppings (For leisurely mornings!)
- extra coconut milk
- frozen raspberries
- organic rose petals
- coconut flakes
- bee pollen
- Combine all smoothie ingredients in your vitamix or blender and blend! Serve in a glass or in a bowl (for a smoothie bowl version.)
- To make a really pretty smoothie bowl, drizzle some coconut milk on top of your smoothie and then take a chopstick and with one fluid motion, draw a curvy grid (first up and down, and then left to right) to make the beautiful marbelized look.